The Best Vitamins To Get In Your Diet if You Want More Energy
When you’re feeling drained out and worse for wear, you need an energy boost to make you feel invigorated and lively again. It’s not easy keeping your energy level high while you’re balancing your hectic daily schedule, especially when you consider how big of an impact diet and nutrition have on your energy.
Most people tend to rely on processed foods and quick meals to get them through the day and be their fuel for overcoming everyday challenges. Unfortunately, not all foods are equal and just some of them are sources of vitamins essential for boosting energy.
Whether you decide on supplements or wholesome foods rich in energy-boosting nutrients, here’s the list of vitamins that will help you get back in the game:
Vitamin B Complex
Maybe the most important in your body’s production and maintenance of energy, B vitamins affect how your body metabolizes nutrients and converts them into energy.
There are 8 different B vitamins:
- B1 or Thiamin: responsible for generating energy and mental clarity, helps boost your immune system.
- B2 or Riboflavin: increases oxygen usage in cells, acts as an antioxidant and helps B6 synthesize in our bodies.
- B3 or Niacin: in addition to aiding other vitamins from B complex to increase your energy, it also helps with high cholesterol levels and energy-draining consequences this has in the body.
- B5 or Pantothenic Acid: keeps your immune system in check, and fuels energy.
- B6 or Pyridoxine: stimulates blood flow and ensures your circulatory system is functioning properly. Good circulation increases thelevel of oxygen in your blood cells, helping your body be full of energy.
- B9 or Folic Acid: especially important during pregnancy, this vitamin helps the formation of red blood cells. Low levels of red blood cells can make you feel lifeless and lead to disease, so it’s crucial to include folic acid in your diet.
- B12 or Cyanocobalamin: found only in animal products, this vitamin has a key role in converting nutrients to energy.
Without enough B vitamins in your body, you’ll feel lifeless and apathetic, so include foods rich in these nutrients in your meal plan, such as beef, turkey breast, eggs, tuna, wild salmon, oats, avocado or almonds.
It’s no wonder we feel energized and lively after spending some time out on a sunny day. Vitamin D, or as some call it, the sunshine vitamin, is one of the vitamins essential for our body’s production of energy, and the best way to obtain it is to spend time in the sun. However, proper absorption requires spending time out in the sun without wearing a sunblock, so people with sensitive skin might find it challenging to increase their Vitamin D levels through sun exposure only. Fortunately, vitamin D can be obtained from cod liver oil, salmon and tuna, as well as from D3 supplements, so you won’t have to rely on sunshine only to keep you vivacious and energetic.
This vitamin acts as an antioxidant in our bodies, helping us to fight off the free radicals and boosting energy levels. Without enough vitamin E in your diet, the free radicals would take their toll on your energy and leave you feeling constantly tired and lethargic. Healthy levels of vitamin E in your body promote energy and help you feel more vibrant.
Foods that help you keep vitamin E levels in check are nuts, seeds, spinach, and broccoli, as well as vegetable oils.
Boosting Your Energy with Vitamins
The best way to obtain all the vitamins your body needs to stay healthy and energized is through a well-balanced healthy diet. Wholesome foods have all necessary nutrients to keep you on the go and maintain your well-being.
If your diet consists of nutrient-rich foods in balanced ratios, chances are your needs for energizing vitamins are being fulfilled, and you won’t need to make any changes. However, if your busy life leaves little room for cooking and planning meals, you can rely on supplements to help you include necessary vitamins in your diet and give your body a push in the right direction.
The combination of these fatigue-fighting vitamins will keep lethargy at bay and create and overall feeling of revitalization, so don’t underestimate the effect of proper nutrition on your energy.
Recommended Vitamin Supplements Products