Weight Lifting Tips For Beginners
Men everywhere are turning towards fitness in attempts to improve their appearance and quality of life. Have you been thinking about beginning a trying a weight lifting routine, but are unsure about where to start? Even it it has been a long time, or you have never tried weight lifting, there are a practically never ending well of resources that can help you to get started. In this article we will be looking at a few easy weight lifting exercises for beginners.
Most of us aren’t fortunate enough to own a fully equipped workout room, so it’s very likely that you will have to obtain membership to a gym of some kind. This means that you will be sharing space with a lot of other people so to prepare you for this, it will be important to learn a few tips about gym etiquette.
- Always bring a towel with you. This is to wipe down equipment so it can be ready for whoever uses the equipment after you.
- Be sure to return any equipment you use to the state in which it was found.
- Don’t spend excess time resting in equipment that has people waiting for use.
- Leave cell phones off of the gym floor, as it can be distracting to other patrons..
Mistakes To Avoid
- Now that you know what some of the rules of etiquette are, it’s time to focus on safety. If you aren’t careful, poor lifting technique can cause serious injury.
- When lifting avoid swinging or throwing the weights around. This can put a strain on joints that culminate in injury.
- Don’t go through reps too quickly. Going too fast can reduce the effectiveness of a lift. Most of the benefit comes from engaging the muscle groups in a slow and controlled manner.
- The recommended rest period is between 30 and 90 seconds, so anymore than that can diminish the effectiveness of your workout.
Also make sure you start slow and easy with any new weight lifting regimen. It is easy to go straight to 50 reps like your gym neighbor is doing, but are you sure you can handle this much on your first day? There is nothing wrong with starting at 10 reps using low weights, then gradually increasing it as you go along. This helps to avoid injury and burnout.
Recommended Weight Lifting Products