Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit Review
The Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit is an all inclusive set that gives you everything you need to start learning yoga. It contains an I Ching alignment yoga mat (which guides your hands and feet as you workout), a yoga brick (which positions and supports your body during your workout), a yoga strap (which aids stretching) and a Yoga Beginner’s Experience DVD (which contains an hour of yoga lessons).
- 1 * I Ching Alignment Yoga Mat which guides your hand and foot placement during your workout.
- 1 * Yoga Brick which positions and supports your body as you workout.
- 1 * Yoga Strap which is 6 foot long and helps to align and improve your stretches.
- 1 * Yoga Beginner’s Experience DVD which includes Prop Intro (an 8 minute introductory lesson which teaches you how to use the brick, mat and strap), Seated Meditation Preparation (a 10 minute lesson which teaches you how to prepare your body and mind to enter meditation), A.M. Yoga (a 20 minute morning workout which allows you to open your body and center your mind) and Daily Yoga (a 20 minute daily workout which is designed to boost your energy levels).
1) Great For Beginners:-As the name suggests, the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit is a great product for beginners who want a gentle introduction to yoga. It provides you with all the basic equipment you need to get started (a yoga brick, a yoga mat and a yoga strap) and also comes with an introductory DVD that does a great job of explaining how to use the equipment and perform some basic yoga workouts. If you want to learn advanced yoga techniques, then this isn’t the set for you. However, if you’ve never done yoga before and want a good introduction before you’re first class, the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit is a brilliant buy.
2) Low Price:-Another plus point with the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit is that it’s excellent value for money. For $25 you get three pieces of yoga equipment plus a DVD. When you consider that most of these items cost $15+ when purchased individually, the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit is an absolute bargain and can save you some serious cash.
3) High Quality:-One surprising thing about the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit is that despite the low price, the yoga equipment in the set is surprisingly good quality. The mat has good grip and rolls up really well, the block is sturdy and stable while the strap is strong and durable. In addition to this, all the items in the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit are built to a good standard and will last for you a long time before they need replacing.
1) Basic DVD:- One area where the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kitcould be improved is the instructional DVD. While it is a great introductory DVD for beginners, it only contains two basic workouts and once you’ve been to a few yoga classes and become more advanced, you will outgrow them. This isn’t a huge problem as the set is designed forbeginners. However, it would have been nice if the DVD was more comprehensive and included some more advanced workouts to give it a bit more longevity.
If you’ve never done yoga before or want to get back into yoga after a long break, the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit is an amazing deal. You get three key pieces of yoga equipment plus a DVD for less than half the price you would pay when buying them individually. In addition to this, the equipment itself is built to an impressively high standard and much better quality than you’d expect from a $25 product. The DVD is a quite basic and you will outgrow it as your yoga skills improve but this is a minor issue. Overall, the Gaiam Yoga For Beginners Kit is one of the best yoga starter sets on the market and is a purchase you certainly won’t regret.
Recommended Yoga Starter Kits!