Feeling stressed and tired? Lacking energy and suffering mood swings? Don’t feel like your home is inviting and cozy enough? Not to worry! All of these issues can be helped using the incredibly potential of essential oils. You have probably heard of
Aromatherapy and its amazing benefits for both psychological and physical health. Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that has been used by many civilizations around the world and has luckily reached our days through means of experience and tradition.
The essential oils used in Aromatherapy are natural, sustainable products which you can use freely, without having to worry about any negative repercussions. Still it is important to have a specific effect in mind before beginning with Aromatherapy. After all, when you know what you are looking for you are most likely to get it. So, before starting
Aromatherapy, take a few minutes to think about the way you and your loved ones feel in your home and decide what it is you would like to change.
At the base of Aromatherapy stands the belief that some smells are able to influence your overall wellbeing. Every smell has a different potential and is used in different instances, but the general principle is that molecules enter your nose and reach the limbic system of the brain through the respiratory system. The limbic system is responsible for most emotions, as well as bodily functions such as breathing, blood pressure, hormonal levels and others.
There are different ways of practicing Aromatherapy. If you don’t have much experience with essential oils, perhaps the easiest thing to do is purchase a vaporizer to spread the healing aromas around your home. Another option is to dissolve essential oils in your bath.
You could also stir a few drops in a pot of boiling water and takе а few deep breathes above it for a few minutes. You could also rub a mixture of a carrier oil, such as coconut, and essential oil on your palms, cup them around your nose and take a few deep breathes. If you want to try Aromatherapy on the go, apply a few drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and inhale whenever possible during the day. You could also massage the essential oils onto your skin, using a carrier oil.
When it comes to Aromatherapy, not only are there many ways to utilize the powers of essential oils, but also many oils to choose from. Here we suggest some of the more popular options which you could start with:
– Lavender: This is one of the most popular essential oils, since it has so many medical, household and Aromatherapy applications. Lavender is a fantastic stress reliever and can help you sleep deeper and better.
– Peppermint: If you have been feeling a bit tired and sluggish, or maybe even a little blue, Peppermint can be the perfect cure. Popular for its energizing effects, this essential oil stimulates your cognitive functions, which means you are more alert, think faster and have better memory.
– Chamomile: An excellent essential oil when you need to lift your spirits and stabilize your mood. It is famous for its soothing properties and relaxing effect.
– Jasmine: Not only does Jasmine essential oil have an exquisite smell, but it is also a very potent healer. Jasmine is most popularly used to treat depression and increase the libido.
– Bergamot: Bergamot is a sweet smelling essential oil that has many health benefits. It is used to lift up with spirits, increase appetite, relieve stress and anxiety, as well as stimulate the immune system. Since it is a popular ingredient of perfumes, you know its aroma is just wonderful!
– Tea Tree: This oil is famous for its healing capabilities. It is a very powerful immune system booster and an excellent treatment for anything from common cold to hair loss.
-Ylang-Ylnag: Want to reduce stress levels and introduce some more romance into your relationship? Then you should certainly give this essential oil a try! Not only is Ylang-Ylang an excellent stress reliever, but also a potent aphrodisiac.
– Rose: A popular essential oil for fighting depression and anxiety. It also has wonderful effects for many respiratory and digestive condition, as well as the hair and skin.
Aromatherapy is an excellent, perfectly safe way to boost your immune system, lift your spirits and relax after a tough day at work. There are hundreds of essential oil recipes and mixes you could use to utilize the amazing properties of essential oils, but even starting off with only a few basic kinds will likely have amazing effects on your general wellbeing.
Recommended Products For Aromatherapy