Green Clay Facial Mask Tutorial
I am positive that all of us would like to have a young, elastic skin. There are a lot a external agents that affect the quality of our epidermis: stress, diet, cold, wind, etc. Our face needs a deep cleansing from time to time. You can consider this a little pampering, too. I challenge you to do this at home, instead of going to an expensive Spa and spend a lot of money. You will only use healthy, natural ingredients. This mask is suitable for normal/oily skin.
The mask will contain the following ingredients:
- Green clay – has detoxifying properties; helps in regaining the oil balance; removes dead cells; rejuvenates and tones the skin
- Raw honey – cleans and soothes thoroughly. It has an antibacterial role as well. Raw honey has a great role in preventing premature wrinkles and restores the skin’s brilliance.
- Chamomile and calendula powder – calming and healing properties (it can be obtained by grinding the dried flowers)
- Lavender essential oil – smells great and it is beneficial for skin health and relaxation
You will need:
- 1 tsp green clay
- 1 tsp raw honey (use only local, unpasteurized honey, for getting all the benefits)
- 1 tsp water (or more if needed)
- ½ tsp herb powder (chamomile and calendula)
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- Use a small bowl to mix the clay and the herb powder.
- Add the honey and stir until the mixture has the consistency of a thick paste.
- Pour warm water and stir until you get the desired consistency so you can spread it over your face and neck, then add two drops of lavender oil to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture again to evenly distribute the lavender oil.
- Spread the mixture over your face and neck with gentle, circular moves. Avoid the eye area.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes or until it gets dry.
- Soak a dark towel in hot water. The steam will help you easily remove the mask, without having to rub the skin too hard.
- Use a cotton pad to gently wipe your face in order to remove all the water traces.