Drop The Pounds By Attending An Exercise Class
If you want to lose weight but are struggling to motivate yourself to stick to a regular workout routine, exercise classes are an excellent option. The class instructor provides you with that extra push you need to workout at maximum intensity while the other class members provide a communal and social element that keeps you coming back. In addition to this, there are plenty of different classes available, so you’re bound to be able to find one that you enjoy. In this article I’m going to be taking a deeper look at exercise classes, discussing why they’re such an effective tool for fat loss and listing some of the top exercise classes you can try.
Why Exercise Classes Are An Effective Fat Loss Tool
1) They Keep You Motivated: As mentioned above, if motivation is one of your weaknesses when it comes to losing weight, an exercise class is the perfect solution. Not only does the class instructor keep you motivated with words of encouragement but getting to meet and workout with other class members creates a feeling of commitment and makes you much more likely to stick with the exercise classes so that you don’t let the group down.
2) They Allow You To Socialize: Another thing that makes exercise classes a fantastic fat loss tool is the social element. By attending an exercise class, you can share your weight loss struggles and successes with like-minded individuals, pick up lots of good tips along the way and make some new friends who will help and support you on your fat loss journey.
3) They’re Fun: One final reason that exercise classes are so good at helping you lose weight is that they’re fun. Unlike the gym (which many people find boring), exercise classes are flexible, allow you to socialize, contain plenty of variety and are much more enjoyable for people who don’t like structured exercise.
Top 5 Exercise Classes To Try
Now that you know why exercise classes are such a good fat loss option, I’m going to be taking a deeper look at some of the most popular exercise classes available and suggesting five that you can try:
1) Body Combat: Body Combat is a martial arts inspired exercise class that will have you punching and kicking to the music. It burns through an impressive 488 calories per hour, brings your entire body into play and improves your balance and core stability.
2) BodyPump: Body Pump is a weightlifting based cardio class that involves lifting light weights at a fast pace. As a result, you get to enjoy the benefits of both weightlifting and cardio and blast through a notable 450 calories per hour while also increasing your muscle mass.
3) Circuit Training: Circuit training is a versatile exercise class that has you switching between short intense bursts of numerous different activities. It’s an excellent calorie burner and works off a significant 520 per hour and the fast paced nature ensures that it’s never boring.
4) Spinning: Spinning is one of the best calorie burning classes around and involves you cycling to music at a high intensity. It burns through a substantial 700 calories per hour and also gives all the muscles in your legs a great workout.
5) Zumba:Zumba is one of the fastest growing fitness crazes around and involves dancing to a range of different music styles and getting a good workout at the same time. Not only is it extremely fun but it also blasts through around 500 calories per hour.
As you can see, exercise classes are a perfect fat loss tool and if you have problems with consistency or motivation, they’re definitely something you should try. So if you’ve not done so already, head down to your local gym, see which exercise classes they have on offer, get signed up and start dropping the pounds today.